Crusty bread, creamy-yet-firm avocados and flakey sea salt equals a magical flavor trifecta that needs no additional adornment. But when you eat an avo-toast a day, as all true Californians do, it’s hard not to riff on the form. Today’s experiment involved adding spicy radish sprouts, fresh lemon and black pepper.
- Crusty Bread (Tartine or House of Pain, from Good Eggs)
- Ripe Hass Avocados
- Sea Salt Flakes
- Radish Sprouts
- Fresh ground black pepper
- lemon, for juicing
- Thickly slice country loaf and lightly toast.
- Peel and Pit avocado, slice and lay across bread. Use a fork to mash slices into the bread.
- Place a tangle of radish sprouts on top.
- Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon, salt flakes and fresh black pepper